Wednesday 15 August 2012

today's (wednesday) journey - ball pit in the forest???

after yesterday, I think today will only be a disappointment - it was so much fun and such a long ride!! However, I have already scoped the map and there is a chateau in the place I am heading to and in one of the forests, there appears to be a ball pit - is it ok for an adult to go in the ball pit? I think I will ride past it and see if anyone is around - if not, I will jump on in. I also suspect that google translate may have got this one a bit wrong as it sounds unlikely but who knows - may be the french love ball pits....



Legs seem to be holding up fine - had a bit of a left knee issue the day before yesterday but a bit of "on the road seat adjustment" action seems to have completely solved that. Felt like such a pro pulling over and whipping out my repair kit - granted it was just for seat readjustment but still, I think I probably looked highly professional to anyone passing.

I have also got much more used to using the drop bit of my drop handlebars - perfect for bombing down those hills (when the downhills actually materialise!!! I have this really stupid black spot that makes me think if I'm going down the map then it will be down hill - must pay more attention to those contor lines......).

And here at last is the picture you've all been waiting for - this is what I look like for most of the day, every day.




Cycling gear is hot......

2 comments:

  1. Drop handlebars are amazing!!!! How has it taken you so long to discover them?

    ReplyDelete