Friday 10 August 2012

bike train

Having a bit of a spazz out over the first leg of my trip. Yes, it's the UK leg, yes it's due to the UK train system.

I called the train company who are taking me to Poole to get my ferry and asked about booking a bike spot.

Apparently you have to call the station as they don't know if there's spaces on their train service and they don't think you can book them.

Called Waterloo.

Apparently it's not up to them. I need to call..... yes, you guessed it, the train company!!!! ARGGGH.

Call the train company again.

They tell me I should just go down to the station and ask there.

So yesterday I trotted over on my lunchbreak.

The guy there was actually pretty helpful and said there were four spaces on my train but it's first come, first served.

Fingers crossed there's not an olympic cycling team heading back across the channel via the 1730 to Poole or I am screwed. Before I even get to France.

There's always this as an alternative:

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great time! I'm sure it will be a lot less chaotic once you get out of London!

    ReplyDelete