Friday 10 August 2012

space on the train = hot!!!

woo - I made it onto the train with the bike.
Several things have already gone a bit wrong. firstly I realised when printing my booking for the place i am staying when i get to france that I had actually booked a hotel by the same name in a completely different town in Western France. Yes, good work....

Luckily I cancelled it and found a last minute hotel somewhere close by.

Secondly, having never travelled with two panniers full of surpluss clothes and shampoo that I clearly won't use, I discovered in the middle of Waterloo that trying to keep your bike balanced with one hand whilst getting your tickets with the other is not easy. Rather embarrasing when said bike smashed onto an unsuspecting tourists' leg - lesson learnt, always use two hands.

Happily typing in my digs in Poole now, looking forward to the ferry trip tomorrow....




No comments:

Post a Comment