Monday 13 August 2012

today's journey (monday that is)

God morning dear readers! Here is a mini delight for you as you spring out of bed directly into a chair in front of your computer to speed login and find out what I am up to.Or as you reach 10am on a Monday at work and look for a two minute distraction.....

The route today is about twice as long as the one yesterday. However, due to some improvised pilates moves my legs are feeling ok. Bit nervous about how they will feel later and what the weather will do today but you will have to wait on the edge of your seat for the lowdown on those two factors. The day after is longer again as I have increased the length each day until the last couple, when distance diminishes again - it's basically like the probability distribution of an s-orbital for those of you who enjoy a bit of chemistry (Kieran).

Today I go from one hostel to the next (loving the hosteling by the way - it's SO cheap and the places are lovely) - the next being in Pleine Fougeres, which you can just about see on this map:


I'm hoping to get to the hostel before midday as I need to leave my bags there before heading off to le mont. I really hope they let me shower or at least get changed somewhere as I'm not sure parading round one of the most popular tourist attractions in this part of France in my cycling gear is the optimum outfit choice.

I will post some snaps of me in said gear, I promise. I realise that whilst this blog is about cycling I have yet to post a single picture of my bike. I tell you, it does exist, I am not actually just jumping on the TGV each time, you will get to see it in one of the next couple of posts.

Meanwhile, I thought I would share a little teaser of just the cycling top - it's pink and black but the most enjoyable feature (perhaps not the right descriptive word...) is the built in bum bag that means you can carry your essentials in your top so they are handy at any moment.I selected map, mobile (a new one for me - usually it's off when on hols but in towns the GPS is proving very useful!!) and camera - so I can check where I am going easily and capture those special holiday moments in an instant.

Pretty attractive nes pas??? Now you fully appreciate why I have to get going so I can change before sight seeing!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, the heady combination of probability distributions (I'm assuming you mean a Gaussian) and built-in bumbags is I think a dream holiday. Bonne route!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the built-in bum bag!! Good job you're so slim!! Happy sightseeing,MX

    ReplyDelete